Libby asked in TravelFranceParis · 1 decade ago

How can I find a job and a place to live in Paris?

I currently live in the South of England but I'm looking into the possibilities of moving to Paris. How can I find a job there first? I can speak basic French but would like a job in something like an english language bookshop or something similar at first. Also, what area's are relatively cheap to live in, but aren't too dangerous?!

Favorite Answer

It's VERY difficult to find a place to live in Paris and the city is VERY expensive....

The landlords ask for 2 months of rent as a security deposit which they will give you back when you move...if the apartment is still exactly the same.

You also need to pay the 1st rent of course.

So that's already about 2000 euros! (if you look for something cheap in Paris like a studio which is about 600-700 for the smallest ones!!)

Then you need a "garant", that is somebody (a parent or someone from your family with a good job) who will pay for your rent if you don't...

+ YOU NEED A JOB..... because if you don't have a job, you won't find any landlord willing to rent you something

+ you need a lot of luck to find something in Paris

+ the city is dangerous and everything is far too expensive

I really wouldn't recommend you to move in Paris.

It would be easier if you move to Paris with other people and you share your apartment with them...

Why not another city in France?

Strasbourg is not the least expensive city but there are a lot of English people here.

+ Quintiles Strasbourg (4 route de la rivière, 67832 Tanneries Cedex, Lingolsheim) would be VERY HAPPY to hire you as a data administrator (the job consists of entering clinical data in English into a database (Oracle), it's very easy and they love English people)

If you have questions about Strasbourg, here's my e-mail: syl799@yahoo.fr

• nevens

Paris has a inhabitants of approximately 27,000. it particularly is ninety 3 miles from Dallas. the fee of residing is low at 80 whilst in comparison with the national ordinary of one hundred. sixty six% of the citizens are affiliated with a church. Crime is bigger than the national ordinary and there are 87 registered intercourse offenders in Paris. Housing is low-priced, yet jobs are few. there is not any public transportation in Paris.

France is a socialist state. You do not need a job and they will furnish your housing. However, all areas of France are very dangerous. Bands of young Arabs and Muslims roam the streets at night. Be careful if you're white or they will kill you.

www.gumtree.com

They have a link for the Paris version.

je suis tunisienne j`habitte en egypt je parle le frencais l`anglais ,italien ,russe et je cherche travaille comme guide