If 37 weeks is considered full-term...?

Then why do so many people go up in arms when women ask questions about inducing labour? I can understand that kind of reaction if the woman was premature, or if she was considering drinking cyanide to induce (not that anybody WOULD do that), but it's an innocent question on its own. I *especially* wonder... show more Then why do so many people go up in arms when women ask questions about inducing labour? I can understand that kind of reaction if the woman was premature, or if she was considering drinking cyanide to induce (not that anybody WOULD do that), but it's an innocent question on its own.

I *especially* wonder about the people who are all "OMG!WTF!BBQ! Ur beybee iz gunna DIE if u induce!"
Clearly, people like that don't know what they're talking about, so why do they bother saying anything at all? Why do people give such nasty "advice" on this subject, and then complain when they get negative reviews? A little respect never hurt anyone.
Update: Okay, there seems to have been some confusion as to what my question is: Basically, I'm asking why people feel the need to climb on a high horse and give overly negative responses to the questions about inducing labour. Unhealthy options like castor oil are well-known, it just seems unnecessary to be rude about... show more Okay, there seems to have been some confusion as to what my question is: Basically, I'm asking why people feel the need to climb on a high horse and give overly negative responses to the questions about inducing labour. Unhealthy options like castor oil are well-known, it just seems unnecessary to be rude about it, so I was wondering why people respond when all they want to do is make these women feel bad about themselves?
I'm being induced at 37 weeks, but only because I developed preeclampsia about a week ago. I'm not asking for induction advice or facts, I'm just wondering why people get so negative about this kind of thing. That's all.