In Spanish, "Come" or "Comemos"?

I've translated the sentence, "In the evenings, our family eats dinner at 6:00" to "Por las noches, nuestra familia comemos la cena a las seis." I'm not too sure about the "comemos" part, though. Would it be "come" instead?

14 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

It would be "come." Familia is singular even though it implies more than one person. It would be "comemos" if you said "Por las noches, mi familia y yo comemos la cena a las seis."

• Login to reply the answers
  • 1 decade ago

Your right, Its not correct. When in spanish you said that you eat it have to be food, when you said: "comemos la cena" you repeat the same thing. It should say like this: " por las noches nuestra familia cena a las seis". You have to omit "comemos".

P.D. sorry if there is errors, but english is just my second language.

• 1 decade ago

Por las tardes, nuestra familia come la cena en 6:00

Source(s): Native So Cali and B.C.N. del norte resident
  • 1 decade ago

Although many people make up a family, it is interpreted as one unit. As a result, in Spanish, it's "la familia." Since the article in singular, so must the verb.

Your sentence would be:

Por las noches, nuestra familia come la cena a las sies.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Take off the word cena. come a las seis. You can also take off comemos and extend cena to cenamos a las seis.Cenamos means dine

• 1 decade ago

nuestra familia come ( our family eats) - to use comemos would be to say "our family we eat".

You could drop the "nuestra familia", and just say "comemos", just as in english, if the "we" implicitly means your familily

• Timi
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

You don't. You would respond with jejeje which is equivalent to lol in Spanish. Lol is an English slang term therefore it does not exist.

• 1 decade ago

i think it's "come"

el come

yo como

nosotros comemos

Nuesta familia come

• 1 decade ago

comemos means dinner sometimes said as comidas.

• 1 decade ago

Familia is singular. Use "come."

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.