if your in a relationship and constantly fight should you break up?

Im at college and my girlfriend is back home and we seem to be a little jealous of the other people we hang out with so should we stay together or stick it out. We have been dating for around 2 years so she means a lot to me and we have a lot of memories together, but its hard when we hear how much the other person hangs out with the opposite sex. What should i do?

Favorite Answer

Establish some boundaries in your relationship. You're not married yet so the rules are a little different. But, when you each choose to spend time with the op sex you open the door for temptation and discontent. On the flip side, if you aren't ready for marriage, don't lock yourself into a permanent relationship. Any problems you have now will be multiplied with marriage. Trust me! I'm married (happily, too)! Get on the same page prior to tying the knot and if you aren't really thinking forever than focus on growing up, getting a job, and then find Miss Right. Don't settle for Miss Right Now.

If you can both handle the fact you're so far apart, if you can both trust the other when they are with friends of the opposite sex and if the arguing is something you enjoy (some people thrive on rows) and if you are both trying very hard to keep the relationship going then continue then otherwise finish it.

You can always get back together again in the future.

I had the same problem. We loved each other a lot and had been dating for 2.5 years, but we decided it would be better if we broke up. It sucked and it was hard, but now we're really good friends and its so much better we get along really good, and we both know that we are only ment to be friends. I have met a man that I love and get along with really good, who I don't fight with. Its much better. Good Luck and I hope everything works out for the best!

• well in my opinion u 2 should stick together through thick n thin if u guys have been together 4 2 years!!!! i mean seriously if u love her then u both should try to make it work no matter how hard it is

The fighting and jealousy will only deteriorate what you have left between you two. Take a break. If you two are meant to be together...you will be.

You should go to the Marines Bootcamp, and you two will remember how much you love/need/want eachother. And, you will be completley devoted to eachother and won't worry about trusting one another.

• Nena

you guys need to work things out 2 yrs is not 1 month learn to trust one another if u guys cant then mayb its time to say go0dbye

You have to be able to trust your girlfriend and she has to do the same if you two really love each other.

Just talk about it.

you guys just need to trust each other and if you can't you won't last anyway.... i hope you two get it together.... good luck.

Trust your instincts.