Shoes to wear where it snows? Never been in snow and have NO clue.?

I'm going to Taos, NM this December with my hubby to see snow! Apparently it gets pretty deep there, and I have never seen it before! NO JOKE! Anyways, I want to know what types of shoes I can wear and PLEASE give websites. Don't just say the word "boots" - I'm not dumb. Thanks!

We are actually renting a cabin, so I will be walking in the snow. It's in the country and there are few streets and sidewalks. Please be specific! Thanks!

Favorite Answer

You might want snowshoes if you can afford them: http://www.snowshoecenter.com/Womens/

OR my personal favorite for more traction on snow and ice are YakTrax http://store.4implus.com/iwwidb.pvx?;multi_item_su...

• wexler

Shoes To Wear In Snow

Well, it depends if you're going to be out "frolicking" in the snow or walking down shoveled streets. If you are going out into the snow, how deep is it.

I wear my tennis shoes most winter long if I'm just going out and about on sidewalks and parking lots.

If it's icy as well you want to look for something with tread. Make sure you have enough room in the boot for thicker socks too.

Here's a site that will show a bunch of different styles. I have knee-high Sorel Boots for snowblowing and some ankle-high sheepskin boots for slogging through not-so-deep snow.

Hope you enjoy experiencing snow.

• Terri

For the best answers, search on this site https://shorturl.im/avBKd

Well, where is the concert? Is it in an outside or inside venue? Is the show at night or during the day? The trick to having fun at a concert is to just be comfortable. Wear something you would normally wear. No high heels or mini skirts. Wear tennis shoes or sandals, which ever you prefer. If the show is outside you need to plan for the elements. If it's at night bring a light jacket (or a heavy one. I don't know the weather in your city). If the show is inside don't bother with a jacket. It always ends up getting hot inside venues, and you'll wish you never brought a jacket. Also, don't wear your new shoes or anything you absolutely LOVE. It could get ruined, especially shoes. ♥

Would it not have been easier to type in boots instead of shoes. Because thats what your going need. Can't wear shoes in snow that is up to your knees. I myself would not buy from any website. Wait until you arrive and take a cab to the closest boot store.

Take care and have a great trip.

Buy shoes that are waterproof. They don't have to have a lot of insulation, but get them a bit on the big size so that you can wear extra socks. Also, get them in a material that can be easily washed because if you're walking around in a city in winter your shoes are going to get stained with salt which isn't good for the material. Also, don't buy white shoes/boots, buy them in a dark colour because even though snow is white, white shoes get very dirty very quickly

Source(s): I'm Canadian

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

I'm going to Taos, NM this December with my hubby to see snow! Apparently it gets pretty deep there, and I have never seen it before! NO JOKE! Anyways, I want to know what types of shoes I can wear and PLEASE give websites. Don't just say the word "boots" - I'm not dumb....

Source(s): shoes wear snows snow clue: https://tr.im/i8NS5

Ok, if you want to be in the snow I would go for something like this

http://www.sierratradingpost.com/p/,74395_Sorel-Wi...

or if you are just doing something like walking around on a sidewalk with a little snow i would get some kind of shoe like Docs.

You'll need boots for sure. You might want to make sure they're either waterproofor there are spray wateproofers available. I'm talking about nice dressy boots, like knee high. Very attractive too. My wife has several pairs.

I know what you mean about those smocks! Great if your pregnant but thats about it! I think they are very unflattering. In answer to your question I am 35 and I go out in a nice pair of jeans and a nice top, corset tops and strapless tops are nice as well as halter tops as they can dress up a pair of jeans. I always wear jeans and never feel out of place. Failing that, play it safe with black trousers! They are another wardrobe essential that never seems to go out of fashion and are ideal if you want to look a little smarter.

NM? New Mexico? It snows there? Hmm. I live in Kansas, and it snows here all the time. You dont need to wear like snow boots or anything, just normal close-toed winter shoes. I wear pointy-toe black or brown boots, with a skinny heel. Just regular shoes are what everyone wears, its not like you are going to walk IN the snow, the sidewalks are all cleaned off and stuff.