Why do people get mad and think that a Christian is forbiden to judge?

"Judge not lest you be judged. You therefore have no right to judge me when it comes to my sins!"

The world often takes this verse out of context and uses it to accuse Christians of being "judgmental" when they speak of sin. In the context of the verse Jesus is telling His disciples not to judge one another, something the Bible condemns (Romans 14:10; James 4:11). In Luke 6:41,42 He speaks of seeing a speck in a brother’s eye. In John 7:24 He said, "Judge not according to the appearance, but judge righteous judgment." If someone steals, lies, commits adultery or murder, etc., the Christian can make a (righteous) moral judgment and say that the actions were morally wrong, and that these sins will have eternal consequences. Chuck Colson said, "True tolerance is not a total lack of judgment. It’s knowing what should be tolerated—and refusing to tolerate that which shouldn’t."

What do you think?

• Favorite Answer

Yes very true...I always said righteous judgement I have the right to do..if done with such love it will cause a man to want to change..also look at your own mistakes and others mistakes wont seem near as bad,,lol..I find this to be true..I look at myself quite a bit..

Because judgement leads to hatred which leads to intolerance which leads to hate crimes. Thats why.

Hey, how bout this, how bout you formulate your own opinions without the assistance of your bible. Pretend for a moment that your not a judgmental hate filled christian and put yourself in the shoes of that person you are judging. Maybe you will formulate some spark in your brain that isnt put there by your faith.

I think it shows no Faith in God. Allow the one BEING (GOD) to judge those he has put here for only he can be the one called Good or that can rightly judge by righteous judgement. Men have but a small concept of pure rigtheousness. We are not meant to direct our own steps, God is the only one who can really guide us. Leave judgement in his hands with full faith and confidence that he ill judge correctly. There are so many SCRIPTURES that warn us of judging.

I don't think it's forbidden...just unnecessary and usually dangerous. If someone is going to judge another, and his assessment is not perfectly aligned with the justice that God would proffer to the judged, the judger must be prepared to suffer the consequences.

Since man's justice is imperfect, it's better to steer clear of it altogether.

The judgments that Jesus was talking about concern those that deal with the health of one's soul. If we judge incorrectly, and thereby are hypocritical and uncharitable, we've done as much damage to our own soul as the judged has done to his own by his sin that we are judging.

the reason why people do not go to church is because its like a kangeroo court the way the brainwashed christians judge you with 2000yrs old out dated rules even there owen are leaving because of it the christians think thay rule the planet and thay are wrong the more thay try to convert people the more thay are hated

maybe the relentless coercive arrogant mind that stubbornly claims to be god almighty even ignoring the meekness professed by Jesus a man who went way over today's Christian mutants who weren't there never will be there and haven't gotta

snowballs chance in hell of fooling any one but themselves ...If you really think rehashed lies are real perform a miracle !

I'll be waiting for you to put your money where your false quotes are.....

To judge is human, as everyone has their own conception of morals. However, to condemn is another matter. For heaven's sake, even if you don't agree with another, you don't have to shoot your mouth off hastely. It comes across very offensive as everyone is entitled to their own opinions.

To err is human, and no man is without sin. Even Jesus Christ did not say that he is without sin and he's the Son of God, for he is still a human

It sounds like you have been righteously judged and justly rebuked, I will try and remember to feel sorry for you sometime.

I think Chuck should be chucked.Jesus said o.k. who ever among you is without sin, cast the first stone.The proof is in the pudding!!!!!!!!!

• Nana

Because of their ignorance.