How do you make fresh elephant ear soup?

I have seen it canned, but I want to make it fresh.

Favorite Answer

First you got to catch an elephant.

I figure you mean the elephant ear plant.

I'm not sure of a recipe but I do know that they are edible WHEN COOKED. The raw plant has crystals in it that are like fiber glass. If you bite into one that is raw. Your mouth will swell and hurt like heck. The reaction is not a result of poisoning but extreme irritation. Just suck on a popsicle until the crystals dissolve.

Source(s): Speaking from experience and a call to Poison Control.

Well you spend a fortune, go to India or Africa where you hope you won't get kidnapped, track down an elephant which isn't as easy as it sounds because we have taken so many of them off this earth, then you have to kill it, wait, if you maim it, it can hunt you down really fast, so if on the 10% chance you kill it, hopefully it wasn't a female hiding it's calf somewhere, if you kill one, then you have to cut off the ear, try and find a vehicle big enough to lug it to the airport, declare it in what you're bringing back to the US, try and put it in the luggage rack, cause good luck trying to put it into the luggage, well I guess you'll just have to buy an extra seat to put it in, well, then you have to get it to your house, chop it up small enough for food, I know..........

LEAVE THE EAR ON THE LIVING, BREATHING ELEPHANT!

I'll make it if you eat it, I've read your previous questions and I'm serious about the recipe if you are.