Is it possible to have the Confederate flag banned in Pennsylvania?

I'm tired of seeing Confederate flags. I have high-ranking ancestors in the Army of the Potomac in the Civil War, and having their enemies flag invade their homestate is not what they fought and died for. Confederate flags stood for the evil of the Confederacy and their unjust thoughts of slavery.

NO REBELS ALLOWED!!!!! If you are a rebel, give me a reasonable answer...

No one answered my question. I asked if it was possible to have it banned, not what you charlatans think about it. I don't think any of you deserve a best answer.

Favorite Answer

No you cannot ban the Confederate flag, the Nazi flag, the Japanese flag, the Union Jack or any other flag.

Your ancestors fought to preserve and protect the United States of America, just as mine did. Part of the beauty of being a citizen of the US is the ability to voice differing beliefs without being silenced.

Although to you the Confederate flag is a symbol of evil and slavery, to many it is a symbol of state's rights. But regardless of why they want to display this flag, they have the right to do it.

If it offends you, look away.

Source(s): American by birth, by choice and by the grace of God. Also a northerner. :)

You are so out of touch with your country's history, if you think there were slaves all over the south and none in the north, think again. Some of the rich owned slaves, north and south alike. The Confederate flag is part of your history as well as mine in this great country and should be respected as such. It does not stand for racism, only the morons who wave it while preaching hate do

You didn't get the answers you wanted to get, did you?.

The people who fly the confederate flag probably had ancestors who were on the confederate side and this is America. Where we have the right to choose. You should be more concerned with the derogation of the American flag. Instead of condemning a historic act that you really can't understand or change.

This is such a retarded question. The civil war caused our country to turn on eachother. but it also made us closer and a much more successful country at that. There was slaves everywhere just cuz the south lost doesnt mean it didnt affect both. there home state isnt divided anymore.

A flag's symbolism is open to interpretation. It stands for evil and slavery only because that's what you personally take it to mean...it's not a universal belief. That's why I don't think anyone can get it banned from any particular state. Personally, I love Confederate flags...for me, they represent rebellion, not evil.

Sorry, the slopes of Cemetery Ridge, Devil's Den, Little Round Top, Peach Orchard, Culp's hill are hallowed ground for both sides...

Sure, then let's move on to offending books, religions, guns, alcohol, public schools, libraries, political parties, minorities, languages, junk food, private property......

GROW UP

You damn Yankees! The South's going to rise again!

I'll give you a reasonable answer: it's the Rebel yell before I bayonet your @ss!