5150
5150 asked in Entertainment & MusicMusic · 1 decade ago

Replacing Mike Anthony with Wolfgang Van Halen?

I'm kinda torn on this one. Loved VH all my life and now this. Sure it's Ed's band & Wolfie IS his son, but Mike Anthony is...well Mike Anthony.

If you're gonna bash VH in your answer, please move along.

Have a nice day!

Favorite Answer

Yes , it is official !

Michael Anthony was such a great part of Van Halen .He was a very underrated bassist . He is such a powerhouse on bass !Wolfgang may be able to take his place for a tour ,but it's gonna be tough to replace him !

I can't believe it !! No Michael Anthony ? OMG !!

Following their 2004 concert tour the band was on hiatus until September 2006 when on the Howard Stern Show, Edward Van Halen confirmed that his son, Wolfgang was in the band and that they were recording new material. Michael Anthony has also stated that as of November 6, 2006, he was not invited to participate in any reunion activity.

September 8, 2006: Howard Stern hosts a live interview with Edward Van Halen, the highlights were

Eddie's son Wolfgang, (who can play guitar, drums and sings) is now in Van Halen and Eddie says Michael Anthony can do whatever he wants.

November 6, 2006: G4's TheFeed reports that Eddie Van Halen's spokesperson Janie Liszewski has revealed that VAN HALEN is currently writing and rehearsing for a summer 2007 tour. In addition, Liszewski has confirmed that Eddie's son Wolfgang has officially been named the new bassist in the band, replacing Michael Anthony. This was also confirmed on Billboard magazines website on November 9th. Van Halen's official website has not confirmed any of these statements, rendering them unofficial until the band itself makes an announcement in regards to their authenticity.[4]

In 2008, it will be the 30th anniversary of the band's debut album.

2007:

David Lee Roth (Vocals)

Eddie Van Halen (Guitar)

Wolfgang Van Halen (Bass)

Alex Van Halen (Drums

well its seems that Eddie is really keen on keeping it all in the family according to some recent quotes on billboard.com he feels him and his brother are Van Halen and the rest of the band are playing his songs, cover band is how he referred to the rest of the band. Which is funny because his son wasn't around when the band wrote and originally played the songs! That tells me that 1. the band is no longer a band so why even call yourselves VH anymore? the original line-up is VH no one can replace that.. sorry to the Hagar fans out there! 2. they have become money hungrey business-men instead of musicians that are about the music 3. Eddie just wants his son to be set and make a name for himself like being a VH doesnt help? 4. this is a last chance attempt to revive the awesome band they once where, and once again they are in it to try and bank some more money before they officially retire.

I heard about this on the radio, that Wolfie is a possibility for replacing Anthony.

I love Van Halen, but why can't Eddie get along with anybody?

What they need to replace is Sammy Hagar w/ David Lee Roth and bring VH back to the old school. Since I haven't heard Wolfgang's work, I think it is only fair to give him a chance before I make an opinion.

Maybe they'll have better luck keeping it all in the family. Since they seem to fight with other bandmates. I do think it is a little weird....maybe they should change their name and just start a new band instead of constantly trying to revive VH. If the music is good, I'll be proven wrong! I've heard there is a reunion tour with Dave brewing. That would be fun!

• Erika

constructive surely it extremely is... can now not wait. Reunion means getting back available and travelling, all unique recreation enthusiasts is a technicality. The older we get the less likely each and each and every and each and each and every of the similar band persons will be in attendance utilizing deaths and loyalties to a sparkling band. Michael is satisfied being with Sammy Hagar, could pose one in each and every of those conflict of interest. i'm powerful they tried that first. Wolfgang is going to be large. that can be as close as we are waiting to imagine to get to the authentic Van Halen and could coach to be reliable. Did you note The Who this previous 3 hundred and sixty 5 days with Ringo's teen, it develop into large. now not each and each and every and each and each and every of the similar recreation enthusiasts yet really as reliable a interest. It kicked butt.

• I think it may just be a rumor. It's not anything about it on the Van Halen website,and there is nothing about it on MTV news in the Van Halen catagory.

What? I can scarcely believe this, where can I get more info on this? And can they please find a suitable replacement for Sammy Hagar while they are at it?

They want it all in the family.