Is the "crankwalk" or crankshaft problems on the 97 mitsubishi eclipse GST Curable?

I'm looking into buying the 97 Eclipse GST. I heard about there Crankshaft problems and how they wear out the bearings and etc, eventually the engine shuts down. Is there any possible way that there is a solution to this problem that will fix this from ever happening again, even when it does happen?

Favorite Answer

Nope. No matter what people tell you...it cant be fixed. It is just a strange phenomenon that occurs in the 2nd generation Eclipse 4g63's. I have heard people say that if you change the crank pulley it wont happen...but that is just a load of BS.

The only REAL way to make sure that problem is non-existent is to take a 1st generation Eclipse 4g63 block and mate it to the cylinder head of the 2nd gen engine. That will eliminate the problem and give you a good reliable engine.

eclipse trannys are very week feels like the tranny is junk. do no longer installation aftermarket audio/subs in an eclipse a low voltage challenge to the transmission computer will happen and prematurley fry the tranny!