Do you see any evidence of Global warming where you are? I have flowers re-blooming in November,like roses!?

.

Favorite Answer

I have trees, re-budding, spring flowers opening up. As far as evidence of global warming, I'm not sure. We've had very nice weather the past few days. So I think it's possible that the nice weather has sparked some growth.

This doesn't mean I don't think global warming isn't a real threat to our world, believe me I do.

I just think we've had nice weather in autumn. Like we've had in the past.

I don't think one strange growing season is proof of global warming. It has been a very wet and unusually warm autumn here in northern NJ. There are a lot of tulips springing up around here...no blooms, but lots of leaves.

I think that meteorologists should keep careful track of these unusual seasons, and look for patterns/trends that would indicate global warming. I suspect that it is related, but there is not enough evidence. It is to be hoped that our government will take more direct action, and not wait more years for proof.

Generally, plants bloom in reaction to the amount of sunlight, not necessarily the heat or cold.

Also, some roses bloom more than once a year, some require less sun than others.

Right now, I still have Zinnias, Cosmos and Lantana growing despite it being in the 40s at night.... but we've had sun everyday.

• *COCO*

I have noticed that my daffodills start coming up in january, i think thats strange and so does everyone else. Our winters have been very mild and we had a terrible outbreak of beatles this year. I dont know if its global warming but theres something going on.

In general there seems to have been a warming trend in Detroit and Michigan for at least ten years, but this fall, specifically, the weather has been wetter and colder than normal. I could go to official figures to prove this.

-They said that the burning oil wells of Q8 and the war effort in Iraq, and the volcanic explosion of the Krakatoa has no impact on the global warming..... Who am I to interpret an odd year- that happens once in a life time - as Global warming ?

• Mike J

A drought and water shortage that threats to wipe my country out. Yet my country refuses to sign Kyoto