is wal-mart giving 5% of what it brings in for 2 days after thanksgiving to gay rights group?

• Leece
    Best Answer

Wal-Mart Stores Inc., the retail giant that grew up in the rural South, is moving to attract gay shoppers as it expands its presence in urban centers.

By entering into a partnership with the National Gay and Lesbian Chamber of Commerce this week, the company “is making a very sincere effort to reach out to people who are a significant part of our customer base,” Wal-Mart spokesman Bob McAdam said Wednesday.

I don't know if they're donating money, but they have joined alliances with gays and lesbians.

• Bill P

The American Family Association claims that Wal-Mart is contributing 5% of online sales to the National Gay and Lesbian Chamber of Commerce. The AFA contains a key paragraph:

In a show of support to help homosexuals legalize same-sex marriage, Wal-Mart has agreed to automatically donate 5% of online sales directly to the Washington DC Community Center for Gay, Lesbian Bisexual and Transgender People. The cash donation will come from ALL online purchases made at Wal-Mart through the homosexual group’s Web site. This move follows Wal-Mart’s joining the National Gay and Lesbian Chamber of Commerce and agreeing to give generous financial help to that group.

Every purchase made online for books, music, videos, clothing and accessories, children’s clothing and toys, and electronics at the site will automatically send 5% of the sales to the homosexual group.

However, this is NOT definitively proven.

WalMart only has one charity that it supports as a company: Children's Miracle Network.

Each store gives money to many charities but they are usually on a matching funds basis so I don't think the one you are talking about applies.

Have to agree - that would be refreshingly open-minded of them! So much so, in fact, that I have to doubt it's true.

If it's true, I think it's awesome!

I dont know.

That would be stupid

Source(s): me