Regarding earlier question on whether court order should be obeyed by husband to pay to wife $1200/ month .?

This $1200 was to be paid from the husband's proceeds of the house after it was sold. When the parties reconciled after 6 months the wife was out $12,000 due to her payment of the entire mortgage and maintenance, homeowner association -- no utilities, food or clothing. Even though there was a court order, the husband now feels he was "screwed" and he should not have to pay the money previously agreed to by him and his attorney. He thinks the wife should absorb all the costs of the mortgage since she lived in the house, despite the fact that it was he was arrested and forced to live in a separate dwelling during this period.

What options do I have? Take him back to court at great cost to myself -- please help me -- I am a retired 70 year old woman -- do I have any rights in this matter? Is it asking too much for him to honor his debts? Since we have reconciled he has bought a new car and feels his promise to me has no merit. I, on the other hand, feel I was "screwed" .

Favorite Answer

If you 'reconciled' why do you think in terms of his and mine? It is very hard if not impossible to sue a spouse you live with and intend to continue living with.

If a court ordered him to do it and doesn't yes, you can tell the court/judge he refused to do as he was ordered by a court of law to do....which means he's breaking the law...if he agreed to it or not, if the court says pay....he better pay.

regardless if the parties reconciled later, he still owes that money. it was agreed to by the court and he still has to pay it. if he doesn't, go back to court and they will garnish the money from him.

Hell yes he should have to pay. I don't care if you love him to the depths of your soul.

Bet if the shoe was on the other foot, you'd be hearing about it.

Take the paperwork to the court house and make them lead you to the one who will make it be upheld.

Pay or go to jail