Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsSingles & Dating · 1 decade ago

Why is marriage vow recited when ppl don't take efforts to keep it?

Favorite Answer

Why get married AT ALL if it's not something you want? People take a leap into Nothing when getting married. By that I mean only their Faith and Trust holds the bond connected.

Humans have Free Will; and that comes with the responsibility to do what's right, including NOT getting married. If the notion of awakening next to the same person for YEARS until death parts you from them is not in your heart, then DON'T GET MARRIED!

Don't go in with a doubt, or without counseling. There are courses for people seeking marriage in the Catholic church just for the fact that they don't know what they're gonna feel later and why. The marriage must be a faith-based union, meaning you're going to church together, spiritually awake to one another, and emotionally aware of what's happening.

"So they are no longer two, but one. Therefore what God has joined together, let man not separate." - Matthew 19:6

My wife knows my vanity and self-centeredness, and also knows ALL my support and love are with her. Despite my flaws she also wanted to marry me, and has forgiven my numerous chaotic and emotional misgivings. We have been married 4 years, dated for 6 including 3 years she was at college out-of-town.

I hope you find a spouse as loving & giving as I have.

Good luck & God Bless!

Jaime

• Gerry

Because people have every intention of keeping the vows when they get married! But then the trial of a marriege comes and they can't handle it!

because they dont understand the words of the vows love and honor ( the obey part is what they hear)

• huggz

Because all a wedding means to most people is a big day and all the trimmings!

It is part of the 'Big Day' thing for women like the White Dress hahaha Virgin Brides..yeah right...no it is all wrapped up in the hocus pocus bs......means nothing xx to either of them

• JC

Unfortunately, its the fact that they have every intention of keeping them, until things get diificult. And things always get difficult.

because people dont know how to keep their word

and its recited to make the person want you more

to keep with tradition... most people these days make their own vowels