Where can I go to get help for getting a job when I am on crutches most of the time?

Last Mother's day, I tore the cartilage in my left knee; it's a medial meniscal tear. Since then, I have been on crutches on and off, and have been having more troubles again with it. Now, I am looking for a job, and I am having no luck. I was wondering if there was any way I could get help to find a job now, when standing and walking for any real period of time is out of the question, and I need to have flexible hours because of my kids. I have been told that because of my knee, I might be able to qualify for a semi-disabled program to help me get back into the work force. Does anyone know where I should go, who I should talk to, or even where I should start? I would apreciate any help I can get.

I'm in Illinois, USA

• huggz
    Favorite Answer

If you are in the UK go to the Jobcentre and talk to someone there, explain and they will refer you to a disbled persons advisor. Once on this scheme there is a lot of extra help you can get.

I would suggest calling your local vocational rehabilitation office and seeing what they suggest. Here's also a link to one in Chicago. If you want to see more options, I went to google and typed in vocational rehab Illinois.

Your orthopedist may also be able to suggest a resource.

Finally, you could try doing job searches on Monster.com or other internet resume sites.

good luck to you.

be a telemarketer or some sort of operator. that way you can stay off your feet!

workforcecenter.com they can help with everything