clueless asked in HealthWomen's Health · 1 decade ago

girls only!!!! help!?

can you ever get your period while swimming? im scared because i have swimming tomorrow and im not really sure when im supposed to get it, i know its sometime this week and im also scared of getting a stain..what should i do?

i dont like wearing them..is there any other alternative

i can really get it while swimming? ill only be swimming for less than half and hour.. what do i do in school when i don't know when im gonna get it..i dont want to get a stain ...

Favorite Answer

Use a tampon just in case.

Wear a tampon when you swim. As for not knowing the exact day of your period? That's most of us. Get a small pocket calendar and start keeping track of when it starts and stops. Count the days and you will see what your cycle is usually like.

When the time draws near just start wearing a panty liner, and keep pads and tampons in your purse or locker or back pack. Blood stains come out. Relax honey, this will be happening for the next few decades.

Yes, you can get it while swimming (it has bad timing like that sometimes). The only thing you can do is check often, and use a tampon if it starts, or quit swimming and get dressed if you can't use, or haven't used one before.

If you haven't used a tampon before, and you don't have an adult or older friend/sibling you feel comfortable talking to about it, don't be afraid to call your doctor's office. Ask to speak to a nurse, and I'm sure they'll be able to help you by explaining the risks and benefits of using one.

Source(s): 30 years of experience in this area.
  • Nikki

If I where u,I would use a tampon.First of all,tampons r used when ur active,swimming is an active sport.Also,u don't want people 2 see blood on u.It would be imbarresing.So use a tampon 4 a few hours.

Yes it can happen. If you are prone to heavy ones then I would just wait until tomorrow and then tell your teacher that you cannot participate due to female problems. They should understand this. I would have your mom write a note because its not necessary to use a tampon (they are very unhygienic and personally I never use them in any case). If you are having cramping in the morning or feeling like it may start get your mom to write the note and just sit out for the day. There is nothing wrong with that.

Yes, you can get your period while swimming. You should use a tampon just in case. You say you don't like wearing them, that sounds like the one you tried was uncomfortable. Try using one with a smooth applicator and for a lesser flow. That should be comfortable to insert and you should NOT feel the tampon once it is inserted.

Pull your swim coach aside and tell her. You're not the first person she's had with this problem. She'll either reassure you that it's not a problem, or excuse you from swimming. I know I don't like to use a tampon if I'm not on my period. It feels gross when you take it out.

Bring a couple tampons... in your backpack/purse.... go to the bathroom every once in a while and dont swim for a long periods at a time..

if u come ur menses tomorrow, the period tat u come will be lil, so it won affect ur swimming :) so dun worry~i have got my 1st day of period when i went for a swim.. its not obvious.. or u can get a tampon~ b

i know, you dont want to have to stick smeothing p your crotch unless it is absolutly nessasaary I KNOW! but my period stops in the water so you should be fine just check inbetween races and bring stuff jusdt in case, no there is no alternative to a tampon! NOT A PAD NONONONONO

use a tampon! u can get really small ones that go in easy tampax compact are good for the first time! or just tell whoever is takin u swimmin that u cant because of ur period. i hope ur ok!

byexxx