kenpo asked in Computers & InternetInternet · 1 decade ago

I downloaded IE7 by mistake and want to restore my pc by can't find a date it will let me restore to. Help!

6 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Go to add\remove programs and find Windows IE7. that Windows gets people.

• 1 decade ago

Simple - DO NOT UNINSTALL IE7! It may take you a little getting used to, but reverting to IE6 will take your systems security back ten steps or more. Given the way Internet Explorer is integrated into Windows, all the bugs inherent to IE6 are all nicely carried right throughout your Windows OS - even if you never use it. Think of IE7 as a major system security patch, not just a browser update.

If you are having performance issues, you would be well advise to update both your Flashplayer and Java plugins, as well as reinstalling your messenger applications to restore their hooks into the new IE version. Many or all of your problems should be fixed from there on

• its not a mistake to download IE7 and its a program so no matter how far back you go in your restore points its not going to uninstall it for you. That you have to do from the add/remove programs list....but why?

• G
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

To uninstall Internet Explorer 7 to return to Internet Explorer 6 on Windows XP

Click "Start," and then click "Control Panel."

Click "Add or Remove Programs."

Check "Show Updates" at the top of the dialog box.

Scroll down the list and highlight the version of Internet Explorer 7 that you are running, and then click "Change/Remove."

Uninstall that,restart your PC and you are on IE6

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Go to control panel, add/remove programs and uninstall IE 7. IE 6 will automatically be there as it is a part of windows original.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Go to add/remove. Delete it.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.