Chocolate Cookie Recipe?
I am looking for a good chocolatey recipe for a chocolate cookie using cocoa powder, not choclate chip?
- Anonymous1 decade agoFavorite Answer
I think this may be one you are after:Source(s): Internet
- 1 decade ago
Chocolate Balls; flavored with cinnamon and vanilla
1-1/2 cups flour
6 Tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
1 pinch salt
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 (2 sticks) pound unsalted butter, softened
6 Tablespoons confectioners' sugar, (sifted after measuring)
1 teaspoon vanilla
Preheat oven to 325F
1. Sift the flour, cocoa, salt and cinnamon into a mixing bowl.
2. Place the butter into another mixing bowl and little by little beat in the confectioners' sugar and vanilla extract.
3. When the mixture is creamy, slowly stir inthe flour/cocoa mixture to form a stiff dough.
4. Form the dough into a ball, flatten in slightly and cut into 4 pieces.
5. Roll each of these pieces into a ball, flatten them and cut each flattened ball into 12 pieces for a total of 48 pieces.
6. Now roll each piece into a ball. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and place the balls on the paper, leaving about an inch of space between them.
7. Bake for 6-7 minutes, then turn the baking sheet around.
8. Continue to bake for another 6-7 minutes or until the tops are browned.
9. Remove from the oven and allow them to cool completely on the baking sheet. Don't take them off until they are completely cooled. When cool you can remove them and serve or store
- 1 decade ago
Chocolate Crinkle Cookies
3/4 cup oil
3/4 cup cocoa powder
4 Tbs. butter
2 cups sugar
2 tsp. vanilla
2 cups flour
powdered sugar to roll chilled dough in
Pre-heat oven to 350. Mix cocoa, sugar, flour, salt. Then mix in oil, butter, eggs & vanilla. Chill overnight. Dip 1 tsp. of chilled dough, roll in powdered sugar with fingers and flatten. Place on greased cookie sheet & bake at 350 for 10 minutes.
This is my Mother-in-laws recipe. I haven't tried to make it myself,( as I didn't get the baking gene from my own Mom) lol, but her baked goods are always really tasty. She also makes a great Brownie recipe using cocoa powder. Even the boxed mixes I have tried don't fare as well!
PS. My husband just came home from work, and I learned that this cookie recipe was handed down from his grandma (my Mother-in-law's--Mother-in-law). He said his grandma would make a really big batch of dough and make them over several days and that the longer it chilled in the fridge, the better they were, so the last batch she baked was the best. Anyway my Hubby highly recommends them!!!
- SmurfettaLv 71 decade ago
1/2 cup butter or margarine
1 cup brown sugar, packed
1/2 cup cocoa
1 large egg
2/3 cup milk
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cups flour
3 teaspoons baking powder Cream butter and brown sugar;add egg.
Sift dry ingredients and add to butter/sugar mixture alternately with milk.
Drop by spoonfuls on ungreased cookie sheet.
Bake 8-12 minutes at 400°F; do not overbake
1 teaspoon vanillaSource(s): Unknown source
- How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
- david jLv 51 decade ago
the cookie can be made of all the combinations you make but make sure to take out of oven before it could burn off
- TrollhairLv 61 decade ago
yum. Chocolate cookies.
I would try allrecipes.com
They have tons of recipes ready to print out.