Does anyone have a christmas placemat idea for church?

I'm looking for a christmas placemat craft idea for church. Such as using the hands to paint or anything like that. We will be using the placemats for a senior breakfast. Anything other than using old christmas cards, I have that one. Maybe something about the birth of Christ, angels, pictures and scriptures, etc. Any ideas will be greatly appreciated. Thanks, vmitch

Favorite Answer

Go to Salvation Army or some such place, buy a white, light blue, or creme placemat (if you know how to make them, just buy material and sew.

Find a Christmas fabric with a manger scene, cut out the parts you like and using iron fabric attached those parts to the placemat. You could also trim with gold or silver rick-rack tape.

You could also trace pictures from coloring books and fabric paint them.

I guess a lot depends on how many you need and if this a group effort or you are doing it alone. If it's a group it would be a great project for Sunday School classes.

Whatever you do, I know the breakfast will be a great success and the seniors will really enjoy it. You could have a door prize for the place mat of their choice.

try garden ridge