Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetHardwareAdd-ons · 1 decade ago

how do i partition my disc in such a way that i can extendits capacity?

what i meant is . I have a C drive already insatlled on the previous harddisk . what i would like to know is how i can partition my disk in such a way that the old C drive is merged with the new one.. thereby resulting in an increased C drive

• S&H
    Favorite Answer

You can't increase the capacity of whole disk but if you want to add some space to C: drive you may purchase Acronis Disk Director. This software will merge your partitions without data loss.

In case you have only C: drive and some unallocated space you can recover this space using an utility of disk Director and then add it directly to C: partition. Here is a link for you:

http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/products/disk...

I think that you can do nothing to reach what you want.

What you're talking about is an expensive solution where you'll have to buy scsi hard disks.

Or buy a Windows server 2003 and make a raid-5.

But of course you don't want to do this.

I would recommend that you create a second partition and name it D on the second hard disk.