Is there any personal information stored on a computer RAM chip?

I just bouth a 256 MB ram upgrade and took out my 128 RAM chip. I was wondering if the one that i took out of my computer has any personal info or any files on it that can ID me to that chip

Favorite Answer

RAM cannot store information unless your computer is running. As soon as you turn it off, all the information in RAM is gone.

Rom is examine merely reminiscence and could't be erased Ram is Random get admission to reminiscence and could be written to and consider from, despite the fact that whilst the potential is removed from the RAM then its lost. Cache reminiscence is extreme velocity reminiscence, besides the reality that small in length acts as a Buffer collectively as different factors capture up e.g not undemanding Disks And Processors Or not easychronic Controllers in extreme Spec Machines (Servers)

• Jay S

Nope, only on a hard drive. RAM stands for random access memory, and it is just that. It is memory that is randomly accessed when your computer is on, via swap/page files. When your computer is off, everything is gone gone gone off those chips. That's why you can replace RAM chips and have no adverse effects on your computer whatsoever!

Random Access Memory (RAM) doesn't store personal info. it helps your computer run programs that don't require a lot of input from the user.

RAM is volatile memory meaning it needs electricity flowing through it to keep the information stored on it. Once you turn off your computer all the information is lost with NO way to retrieve it.. Your safe

no...the hard drive only