Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthOther - Health · 1 decade ago

Why do fingernails grow faste than toenails?

I have noticed that my toenails aren't growing as fast as my fingernails. I always keep my nails nice and clean. When it's time to cut my fingernail, my toenails don't even look like the grew. Before that i cut them on the same day.

So why do my fingernails grow faster than my toenails?

Favorite Answer

evolution,

we use finger nails to tear, pierce things, makes it easy to open oranges, onions

we dont use toes for anything

Fingernails get more exposure to sunlight which has vitamin D, this makes bones grow and also hair and nails grow. As our feet don't get as much exposure the growth of toenails is slower

specific fingernails do advance speedier than toenails, not through sunlight yet through fact of stress. specific, you tremendously much consistently have stress on your feet greater beneficial than you do than you hands so there's somewhat much less blood bypass on your feet than on your hands that is why fingernails do advance speedier than toenails.

• fingernails grow quicker than toenails probably because they are subject to more water.

I think it depends on the person. Mine tend to grow at about the same rate.

also, we use our fingers more, increasing the circulation and causing the nails to grow faster.