Yahoo e-mail?

Why does the e-mail count on the Yahoo home page always say I have 3 times as many e-mails in my inbox as I actually do?

Favorite Answer

Hi,

Yahoo mail is experiencing a glitch. I haven't found a fix for it yet. In the mean-time inform Yahoo! of the problem: http://add.yahoo.com/fast/help/us/mail/c...

For those who can't get in at all try this as it seems to be working for a few.

http://myyahoo.com/

Login on My Yahoo! page

Select the link at top right to go to Yahoo!'s Home Page.

Mouse over the Mail Icon under where it says (Hi, your Yahoo! id).

You should get a drop down menu with your latest emails displayed.

Select an email and click it. You then get to a new page about Shortcuts, but just select the button for Mail and it should take you to your Mail page.

It wasn't getting redirected to the shortcuts page on some servers and not going to the mail page.

I hope this helps some until Yahoo! Mail gets a fix for us.

1-408-349-1572 for customer support.

Yahoo

721 First Ave, Sunnyvale, CA

(408) 349-3300

Yahoo

Sunnyvale, CA

(408) 349-1572

Their "customer service" number

Yahoo

Sunnyvale, CA

1-800-318-0608

Maybe you have some in your other folders. Have you put some in the other folders lately? If you have then you will need to open them up and look at them to stop the message. It could be in bulk mail or one of those folders. Or sent folder.

may be you hve put rule to transfer the emails directly to specified folder. so in the yahoo home page it shows unread emails. (does not include the message in spam/junk folder)

maybe there are 3 unread mails that are hidden somewhere.. try checking the junk or spam..

check if you have some that are unread that could be why it only shows one, the one you haven't read.