Anonymous

Is it true that black South-Africans are taking the white farmers' farms like is the case in Zimbabwe?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • ina W
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

No, they don't need to take it from the whites, they are given half of the farms by a law called "black empowerment" This law also goes for every business, small or large, in South-Afrika. If whites do not abide by this rule, they cannot do business, it's as simple as that!

• 1 decade ago

not quite yet, but it is in the pipeline from the government. some farms in the northwest province have been taken. it is to give back the farm land the white guys took under the apartheid law. it sounds right but isnt. the compensation white farmers gets now is far from sufficient. black farmers cant mass produce on the scale white farmers can. farming is something you cant go to school and learn how to do it. one has to live on a farm all his life and learn the hard way. zimbabwe is in ruins, south africa seems to go the same way.

• binz
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

Christina, do not enable your self to be perplexed by ability of an answerer above me, he continuously bubbles nonsense together with his mouth and that doesn't get him everywhere. super minds base issues on information, and not on rumours or what they are pushed to have faith by ability of their hostility. South Africa does not confiscate farms from the white adult males. South Africa needs a trouble-free re-distribution of land (farm). If ever that proves all people would desire to lose his land, then he would be paid, in assessment to it occurred in Zimbabwe. that's in basic terms a trouble-free step.

• 1 decade ago

i live in south africa and haven't seen that happen. what they do most of the time is buy the land back from the farmers and give it to the blacks who owned it before they were forced to move...

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

and why shouldnt they.. arent people forgetting that white man savged his way through the world killing raping and stealing anyone or thing he wanted..it seems ok for whites do do these things, (we sweep it under the carpet and dont talk about it) but as soon as "natives" fight back.... whoooa its a whole different story.

i dont condone violence from anyone but it seems there are a lot of racist folk out there who have a very rose tinted view of history

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

i wish they do that after all the farms belongs to the africans the natives...and so whites shld hand them over. u can imagine an african in europe stealing farms from whites they will definately kill him.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I think it is true from what I saw when I was there.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.