Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsSingles & Dating · 1 decade ago

How do I tell my wife of 10 years I gave her an STD from cheating?

I love my wife behind all the fights and drug abuse addictions we kicked all the problems and drama we have both endured I am ashamed to tell her I have cheated on her with a prostittute and got a disease. I blame my drunkeness and feel I am not at fault. Do I not tell her and slip a antibiotic pill in her drink for a week or what?

• .
    Favorite Answer

Yeah i'd try slipping some penicillin in her coffee.

What can I say, firstly, congratulations to you both for 'kicking' the habits together and surviving, you need a medal, both of you. Secondly, what sort of a mongrel are you? After what you have been through together. You need to stand up and take your punishment, tell your wife, but be careful about the way you do it, show some concern for a change, for her health and welfare, and suggest that you go with her to a doctor to seek treatment, and show her how much you care by admitting that you gave this problem to her. Stand beside her through the treatment to reassure her that you are sorry for what you have done. You have got a long way to go, but the good thing about it is that you have admitted to yourself that you are the cause. Please dont let it happen again. You take the chance of loosing your wife and being stuck with all sorts of diseases and then no one will have you.....Good Luck

well I know this is not the answer that you want to hear, but you have to be honest with her..It is her health at risk and if you really care about her you will tell her the truth...my advice is do it sooner than later get it over with! Explain the circumstances and that it was back when you both were in a world of trouble..It doesn't change what happened but maybe she will understand more so if you give the situation...do tell her though you have to! Unfortunately sometimes the right thing, and the hardest thing are the same.

You should be honest with your wife. She has a right to know that she may be sick.

Alcohol is not an excuse for cheating. You are responsible for your own stepping out.

Additionally, I am sure that it is unlawful to slip her medication in many countries. Nevermind very unethical.

• Liz

You must tell her and you must be honest when you do. Medicating her yourself, and without her knowledge, is not only dangerous, it is illegal. And none of that "I was drunk so it wasn't my fault" bullcrap. For you to have any hope of finding forgiveness from her, you cannot indulge in any pathetic attempts at shifting the blame away from yourself. Time to eat some serious humble pie.

You need to tell her. Why if you love your wife so much did you cheat on her in the first place? Anyway, it's over and done with now, but you do need to tell her. It wouldn't be fair to keep this from her.

how can you say you are not to blame you should have never put your self in that position your tottally at fault all i can say is man up and if the bond is that tight you can over come anything especially if you already been down the beaten path you lay and play you gotta pay you were man enough to unzip them pants be man enough to speak up

buy a bunch of drugs ...and throw a party then when she passes out get her naked and lay her next to a man...then in about a week or so blame her that's the best thing you can do in that situation plus she'll be eating out of the palm of your hand for the rest of your life because of her guilt

• Ms. L

you should not have cheated in the first place. be a man and tell her to her face what you did behind her back. don't punk out and try to be sneaky about it. if you were man enough to cheat be man enough to tell that you cheated.

you are at fault . it was you that got that prostitute why didn't you use protection. when someone mess up they always say they was too drunk you wasn't too drunk to take your clothes off to mess with that hooker. tell her wife and beg her to forgive you. you NEED go get tested for a more important disease HIV or AIDS.