Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsSingles & Dating · 1 decade ago

Explain why my ex, always reversed the blame on me, when actually she was at fault?

I could never be upset with actions, always turned it around?

Thanks for the input from all. It actually explains why I fumbled in the relationship at the end, hey I am not perfect, but it was a burden on me.

• rinah
    Favorite Answer

Because she could! you let her and she preferred it this way, where she will always be right and you're the one having to apologize.

• Amber

People do that because they don't want to accept fault especially if they don't have an answer as to why they did it. My x used to do the same thing..........say things like, well I did it because u made me or I wouldn't have said those things if u hadn't started it etc. By placing the blame on u she doesn't have to look in the mirror and accept blame for what she has done. That is one of the reasons those types of people are called "x's" its because if u cant see your own wrong doings then u won't change or try to better yourself.

I see you are now reversing all the blame on her.... There were 2 people in your relationship. Nothing was just yours or her fault. Both of you helped the problems grow.

my ex used to do the same ;

it turned out he was suffering from *manic Depression/bipolar disorder* & this can be part of the symptoms

whether or not it was part of that for some people it is always much easier to blame someone else for things going wrong than to take responsibilty oneself

people who do that generally tend to be lacking in confidence & are rather insecure

Source(s): LIFE

It's something we women are really good at. However, it's not malicious, most of the time we don't realize we're doing it. Just like you think she was always at fault, she thinks the same thing. I'd say just forget about it (and her) and find yourself a rebound hottie!

Because she may think she is better than you. Ego problem. You get it? It is not your fault. Just try to be understanding when she blames you. Accept it and move on. See what happens?

Because she lives in her reality. She blames to up her own insecurities.

You are no longer married to her.........so don't give her thoughts any power.

You know your own reality. That is what counts

Because she was obviously a master in the art of manipulation, and you let her get away with it?

she prolly did it to avoid having you know she did wrong. It is kind of a way of her controlling you in her own little way.

She was spoiled and allowed to get away with it.