i've acciedently uninstalled the audio device,i've found the cd but it has a 16-bit MS-dos msg comes up?!help!

i've found the cd(for the audio) but it has a 16-bit MS-dos msg comes up?!help on both situations!!. i have done driver-guide downloads but that did jack ****!

help

Thanks!

Update:

*The sound card is creative soundblaster pci-128 .. i am running XP Home. What do i need to download ?*

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

you have to ask the company for a new disk (you can get it at like best buy for free last time i checked)

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

what operating system are you running? in windows XP try running system restore to a point before you uninstalled the audio device. failing that if you know the manufacturer of your hardware (www.realtek.com.tw or www.creative.com) for example just go to the site, look up the drivers download and then install.

either way you should get your sound back in no time.

• 1 decade ago

SOUNDS LIKE YOU'RE RUNNING XP ON AN OLDER MACHINE, IF SO YOU WILL JUST HAVE TO SEARCH FOR A 16-BIT DRIVER ON THE INTERNET BECAUSE MANUFACTURERS PROBABLY WON'T HAVE IT ON THEIR WEBSITES. IT'S TOO OLD.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Try going to www.geocities.com/new_cosmo_beta and ask them on their Live Help system. They can answer this kind of question. Ask them any computer question or and advice question and they can answer it and they are free. Try at least. But they will. They are on their live help system now!

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

go to microsoft.com and download it again in an update, it should only take about 5 mins and should fix your problem

• 1 decade ago

Where did you get this download? Go back there and try to get it again.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.