Has anyone seen a new car called "skyline". The one I saw today looked like an Infinity/Nissan from the rear.

Favorite Answer

Some people do get the G35's and they do put the skyline emblem on the back of the car. The G35 in the states is the exact same thing as the Skyline in Japan of the same year, except it has a 3.0L engine standard there instead of the 3.5L. Not all skylines are allowed to be imported, the R32 and the R34 cannot be imported anymore, but the R33 can. The new Nissan GT-R is coming to the states in 2008, and should be quite a car.

Source(s): I have a broshure for the Skyline/G35 from Japan. If you want to see a vid of the new GT-R for 08 http://videos.streetfire.net/recentvideos/1/2e3b34... Nissan Fanatic!

My most favourite car in the whole world, it's my dream car! It's definately not new, there are Nissan Skyline models dating back to the 1960's. The Nissan Skyline 1999 GTR is the most beautiful car i've ever seen and i want one. I'm in the UK and you very rarely get to see these around. The 1989 model is more common. It's supposed to one of the best road cars ever made and i can see why.

That which you saw was an infinity g35 with the emblem off the same model car but from japan. The Skyline is not a new car they have been around scense about 1954 or 55. They are not illegal you just have to know how to import them or know people that have the knowledge to do so.

The "Skyline" is a nissan all wheel drive car that is only available in Japan. It is only made in a right-side driver model that can be imported into the U.S., but it must be converted to meet U.S. emmisions standards before it can be driven in the U.S. By the time it is converted to meet U.S. specs it is really nothing special anymore, other than an all-wheel drive sports car. It is still a highly sought after sports car, but once it's made legal for american roads it's not any better than your average SAAB.

Nissan Skyline is a JDM (Japanese Domestic) vehicle but the infinity G35 in US has the same shape but not the HP as the Japanese version

Source(s): Automotive Tech

Please don't ask that question in public..you will be awfully embarrased! It's not a new car...."Skyline" is an imported nissan...and people here in the states think it's cool to rip the tags off their car and put "skyline" on them...

The "Skyline" you was probably one of the VERY rare beautiful pieces that have been imported into the country. The reason you barely ever see one is because in order to have them "legal" in the U.S. you would have to import it, then have a lot of work done to it by a company. The company has to convert the vehicle to U.S. minimums, such as emission percentages.

the skyline is a nissan product.

There is heaps of skylines here in australia, they are a mad car. wouldnt mind the skyline gtr myself.

nissan skyline is an old japanese beauty which isnt legal in the united states.. i heard they were going to bring it back and make it U.S.A. legal (which kills it in my opinion) but i dont know if they actually did