At what point did shaving the armpits of a female become popular in American Culture?

Favorite Answer

probably when the first woman was mistakenly speared when a hunter thought she was being attacked by gerbils

Good question. You won't catch me dead with hairy armits (if they forget to shave me at the funeral I will come back and haunt them). I just can't imagine why anybody would want to look like that when it's so easy to remove the nastiness. It's just gross. But I'll tell you, I bet the expectations of American men have a lot to do with it. You can't get laid in America with hairy armpits. Well, it's going to be pretty hard (or soft, really). But in Europe I hear the guys have no problem with it. I'm sure that's what drives the shaving craze more than anything.

The current fad of shaving helpless female hairy armpits started in the mass transit systems. A rider was quoted", whew going rough enough but at the end of the day - phew-"; Feminist groups protested the sexualtion of "pit-stank" but agreed that they had NO desire to reply in kind.

Source(s): the REAL math EStar

It was when the Gilette corp brainwashed women

When did that happen?

Source(s): My beautiful hairy body!