Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetHardwareOther - Hardware · 1 decade ago

How to connect PC speakers?

I just bought used PC speakers and they have the same connection as the monitor, but I have only one such socket, plus I don't have the installation drive CD. Is there a way for me to use those speakers?

6 Answers

  • Favorite Answer

    Buy a new speakers such as Zoltrix etc/

  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

    If they are 8ohm speakers, yes, if they are 4ohm speakers yes. Basic electronics here. cut that Monitor (17pin?) jack off. Then take the 4 wires, should be 4, on each one add a 4ohm Male Connector, jack plug. Electric tape to test, power off, plug in, power on, and stand back. They working?

    ok, power off, remove Plugs, remove Tape, now use some Crimp Connectors and make the connection good.

    Plug into PC Speaker Out, and enjoy.

  • 1 decade ago

    I've never seen or heard of PC speakers that are made with the same male pin configuration as a monitor.

    What type of speakers do you have?

    Source(s): 15 years in the business of fixing PC's
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

    Some speakers are not compatible with some computers. Make sure the speakers are compatible with the computer you are using now. If it not, you might need to buy new speakers or use your old ones. (if you have them)

  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    5 years ago

    If the TV has a jack leed connection for audio out, why not!

  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

    Not in to days world.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.