Anonymous asked in 政治及管治法律及道德 · 1 decade ago

How to get the Fiancee visa from USA?

本人男友是美國人(American guy), 現在他從美國當地替我取Fiancee Visa,請問是否要等很久呢? 本人需否再在HK 申請美國visa呢? 手續是否很煩覆呢?

1 Answer

  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

    Sorry that I cannot type Chinese.....

    I came to the U.S. with a K-1 visa about 2 years ago. My fiancé (now husband, he's also an American) had submitted the applications in February and I got the visa in August and got married in the States in October. The process is quite simple and fast.

    If you boyfriend starts the process now, you should get a package from the US Embassy in Hong Kong in 3 months or so, assuming the I-129 petition is approved.

    He has to file the petition and provide the following items to USCIS:

    • Form I-129F Petition for Alien Fiancé(e)

    • Evidence of his U.S. citizenship - original U.S. birth certificate, U.S. passport, Certificate of Naturalization, or Certificate of Citizenship.

    • 2 Form G-325A Biographic Data Sheets (one for him and one for you)

    • One color photo of him and one of you taken within 30 days of filing (please see Form I-129F for more instructions on photos).

    • A copy of any divorce decrees, death certificates, or annulment decrees if either him or you have been previously married.

    • US$170 application fee.

    The interview is most likely in Chinese, but it will be about 3-4 months after the petition is approved. You will receive a package from the U.S. Consulate in Hong Kong about the appointment and what you should bring to the K1 visa interview.

    You will have to provide the proof of your relationship, i.e. phone bills, emails, pictures, letters, etc. Personally, I think the pictures are the most important evidence. The staff will ask you about how you met, his middle name; point at the people in the pictures and ask you who they are (it could be his brother, his friends, etc). If your relationship is real, you should be able to answer the questions.

    Once the visa is issued, it is valid for 6 months and once you enter the U.S., you will have to get married within 90 days. Otherwise, you will have to leave.

    You can contact me for more information and you can refer to

    All the forms can be downloaded from

    Source(s): My experience and
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.