Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social SciencePsychology · 1 decade ago

Do you think emotional pain, can sometimes be equal to physical pain ?

What I mean is, does the pain from words, sometime hurt more than, the pain cause by someone hitting you........this question will be extended for those whom would like to think about it and come back to answer later....

Favorite Answer

Beyond all shadow of a doubt...YES

Emotional pain can stay with you for life....

i think so...hav ne of u out there been hurt so bad by words that u feel physical pain inside - ur chest n stomach or w/e...i kno that might hav sounded weird

at least when someone hits u or u get physically hurt in some kind of way u can visually see where the source of pain - where u were hit...n it eventually goes away

but if u dont resolve what causes the emotional pain it can stay with u for a long time - like grudges n stuff

thats my opinion neway - cool if ne of u dont agree n id like to hear of ur opinions too

i think that sometimes emotional pain can hurt you more than physical pain, actually. emotional pain sometimes causes people to do harmful things like drink and kill themselves anyways. so i guess it could be argued that emotional pain sometimes even causes physical pain.

Any kind of abuse is a reason to end the dating/marriage. i did no longer be conscious of what verbal abuse turn into and stayed in my first marriage a strategies too long. once I found out, i ended the marriage. He nonetheless won't admit to abuse and not in any respect will. I strongly advise you study the e book Abuse Survivors talk Out with the help of Patricia Evans. Its a life saver and only verify to have tissues. I observed all what I went by way of in black and white - issues i did no longer see in the previous. i be conscious of the signs and warning signs now and could under no circumstances enable yet somebody else abuse me. My hubby additionally went by way of actual and verbal abuse as a baby and we the two be conscious of the consequences of what happens. IMO Verbal abuse could be worse in some strategies as its sneaky and takes longer to verify - it tears down your self-properly worth and leaves scars on the interior - which take a lot longer to heal.

It depends on the situation. Hearing your loved one has past can hurt. Think about people having a stroke after hearing bad news.

after a few years, it will become physical pain. fibromyalgia

sometimes it hurts worse and definitely longer the memory stays with you

yes,specially being angry and keeping it to yourself,that could kill a person.