Bad Landlord?

what are some way / websites that i can trash about a landlord that was discriminating and rude to the tenants (me and my family)??? I want other tenants to know what they are getting themselves into before they sign the contract. any ideas???

Favorite Answer

probably not anything that would accomplish what you want. most ppl don't research landlords online before renting from them. word of mouth is the best way to get the word out. & it's not libel if it's true and can be backed up, or if you present as being your opinion with that disclaimer, etc. but unfortunately ppl will always be there who need somewhere to live who might have to accept whoever will rent to them, so chances are your landlords will pay in the way that they should-- with a high turnover of tenants & constant headaches of having to find new ones. they get what they deserve eventually.

• Nani

unless they broke the law and you could call the police and then sue there is nothing you can do just because you and the landlord don't get along. How did the landlord discriminate against you and your family. If they broke the law with there discrimination you could file a suit with public housing. Again if the law was not broke you wont win and it is not worth it.

you can usually write a review of the service when you look up a business online. but don't put any lies or obscenities. you can say "Avoid at all Costs" or "I had a bad experience......" and leave it at that. If they are at fault for a situation involving you, they have created bad Kharma, and leave it at that. Oh, I almost forgot, the local Better Business Bureau.....ouch!

if you dont mine getting sued for slander put it anywhere

• jules

you cant as it would be libel!!! and thats not nice if it is proven and slander if verbal

• REPORT HIM/HER TO "FAIR HOUSING" AND ON THE HOUSING WEB-SITES

Source(s): TP