has any one heard that golf courses on military bases are open to the public?

Favorite Answer

closed to the general public

:> peace

Many military bases have courses that are open to the public. I am assigned to Fort Carson and I know that you can golf there even if you are a civilian. You can also golf at Peterson AFB.

You can visit Tempe Golf Club in Bloemfontein or Services Golf Club in Pretoria; both of which are located in military bases in South Africa.

Phone first to avoid disappointment!!

No, unfortunately they are usually closed to the public. When I was a kid (my dad was in), I played a couple of great courses on Air Force bases - Eglin AFB in Florida and Vandenberg AFB in California. The Eglin course was beautiful as there was a minimum security federal prison near it and the white collar crooks worked on it and did a fantastic job in keeping it up. It was a bear of a course, too.

I know a few guy who golf and I think you have to be or have been in the military

In San Antonio, I (a civilian) can play on the military bases as a guest of an active or retired service member. I pay what they pay, and that depends on their rank.

No they are not open to the public. They are open to Military and retired as well as DOD active and retired, and they are not free for them.

One of my friends used to live on an army base, and no, that is not true. Sorry.