has any one heard that golf courses on military bases are open to the public?

8 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

closed to the general public

:> peace

• 1 decade ago

Many military bases have courses that are open to the public. I am assigned to Fort Carson and I know that you can golf there even if you are a civilian. You can also golf at Peterson AFB.

• 1 decade ago

You can visit Tempe Golf Club in Bloemfontein or Services Golf Club in Pretoria; both of which are located in military bases in South Africa.

Phone first to avoid disappointment!!

• 1 decade ago

No, unfortunately they are usually closed to the public. When I was a kid (my dad was in), I played a couple of great courses on Air Force bases - Eglin AFB in Florida and Vandenberg AFB in California. The Eglin course was beautiful as there was a minimum security federal prison near it and the white collar crooks worked on it and did a fantastic job in keeping it up. It was a bear of a course, too.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

I know a few guy who golf and I think you have to be or have been in the military

• 1 decade ago

In San Antonio, I (a civilian) can play on the military bases as a guest of an active or retired service member. I pay what they pay, and that depends on their rank.

• 1 decade ago

No they are not open to the public. They are open to Military and retired as well as DOD active and retired, and they are not free for them.

• 1 decade ago

One of my friends used to live on an army base, and no, that is not true. Sorry.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.