Im am watching a dvd on realplayer but the sound doesnt work on it?

It works on everything else (computer,youtube,myspace etc). it even plays sound when i play music on realplayer but it doesnt work when i play a dvd! HELP! Im going insane.

Favorite Answer

I had sort of same problem, I was trying to listen to music from vh1.com and I had plugged in my headset into the speakers, which are connected to the back of the computer tower. Turned out I needed to plug in my healdphones to the front headphone jack in frontsideof the computer. Odd huh?

Some devices have the ability to play only analog signals but most of todays high tech dvd's have been recorded digitally which will require you to throw away your normal red and white RCA audio cables and replace each one with a Digital Audio Cable which you can purchase at your nearest RadioShack Store. Surround Sound is strickly digital and cannot be played without the proper cables. Hope this helps. Larry RadioShack 01-9590

realplayer sucks for looking at dvds, get yet another participant like powerDVD or winDVD. even abode windows media participant could be extra effective. powerDVD is specifically pronounced. it could additionally capture scenes with a push of a button. yet i don't be attentive to if winDVD does an identical. it possibly does, merely seek for it.

Dont use realplayer for watchin DVD's. Use windows media player or a proper DVD program.