Alexis asked in PetsCats · 1 decade ago

My cat tipped a flower vase over and drank some of the water?

Well, the water had "flower food" in it. My cat then began gagging and drinking his normal water. He seems to be alright now, but will he be alright or should i call the vet?

Favorite Answer

call the vet just in case

You should probably call the vet just in case, but next time keep the flower vase where the cat can't get it.

• Ambino

i wouldn't worry about it. These people say 'call the vet' but cats eat grass all the time. Gagging and puking is a normal reactin after they eat grass. Flowers are just grass. If he keeps it up, go ahead and call the vet if that will make you feel better though.

he will be fine. the plant food has postassium and phosporus and things that made him gag.

he probably wont do it again.

try the old poison remedy if youre worried thought. melt some lard and pour it into it and have the cat drink it. it should absorb any toxins and they will pass out the next day.

well i'm not a vet but really if you think about it, cats are descended from wild animals and probably have a high tolerance for non edible substances. Also the "plant food" is probably not poisoness. I think you think your cat will be fine. my dog gets into things he shouldn't be getting into all the time.. he's never had a promblem.

ALWAYS call the vet when your cat ingests chemicals, especially if he gagged afterwards. Better safe than sorry, and cats are very fragile when it comes to eating things they shouldn't.

If i was u i go to the vet just in case something might be wrong if not then ur fine

You should call a vet, who knows what's in the plant food.

Good Luck.

Call the vet and see. Better safe than sorry.

I would monitor him for 24 hours if he/she becomes lethargic then take them in. Otherwise continue providing water for it. It should be ok