im to shy what shuld i do?

i need help im so shy in school i dont talk unless some one sais somthing first.people for some reason are telling my friends that they think im mean i like freak out when i see people is there ant way i can get over this? also my friends are also messing with me about my quietness they say stupid things like o your so quiet because your hiding somthing should i stay with these people or find others?do you think it is fair that they mess with me so much? pleas help me i dont know what to do

Favorite Answer

I feel your pain--I was so shy when I was your age I would panic if someone talked to me, or a friend called me on the phone. It was terrible.

I am not sure by your question if you are wanting to overcome your shyness, but what I did was started reading books (back then we didnt have the internet) on public speaking, making friends, what to say in social settings, how to make small talk, etc. I also read up on self esteem building, and many years later I feel comfortable in public settings, and also have done several public speaking engagements in my field.

I am not saying you should NOT be shy or change how you are. If you are comfortable with who you are, and your friends are not, then find friends who respect you for who you are. I chose to overcome my shyness because it really was limiting my life.

Good luck! You have a great life ahead of you!

Look dear this is a common thing in a human nature to be shy in ur age.The focus u hav to lay on is to see wats the reason behind becoming shy all of a sudden.When u hav done nothing wrong,when u hav hurt nobody ,when u hav not spoken something wrong or absurd...so y to feel shy.U shud create ur own personality ur shud raise ur confidence and always think positive and be strong internally.Feel like u r too like ur frnds ,there is no difference between u and them..Just to get rid of this problem u hav to work hard on these things.Best of luck!

• Nikkib

i was the same way when i was in school, very shy, afraid to say anything...getting over the shyness comes with age, especially when you have children..your friends are NOT friends if they constantly tease you and make you feel bad..you should tell your so called friends that you dont deserve to be treated this way, that you dont freak when you see people, you just want to remain quiet..theres nothing wrong with that, and dont let anyone make you feel that way..

The first step to come over ur shyness is already achived u know ur shy n u must come out of it 2nd step is start believing in u n ull conqure d fear of being cheated in relation 3rd start devloping rel n mantain tm N then u need not count ur steps as ull b out of urself nur shyness by then

• riti

try to explain yourself they might understand if they dont and still mess with you then they are true friends because friends understand each other rather than messing

you need some assertiveness training, get out there and start having a good time instead of centreing your thoughts only on yourself, start living.

There is nothing wrong with being shy. Just be yourself.

long as you stay shy you stay out troubled

Me too.