My hair is still poofy after i straighten it anybody know any products i can get at a drugstore?
My hair is really really pooofy after shower so i strighten it.....but its poofy....what do i do? Does anybody know any good products that works wiht the hair straightener i can get at a drugstore?
- B.Lv 41 decade agoFavorite Answer
Enjoy life when you can!
Washing your hair everyday damages your hair.. read on more tips below!
Having Hair Problems??!?!?
Check this ouT!
Take good care of your hair! It will add to your charm - who can resist a person with lovely, silky hair? So do try out the above tips! Hope these littles tips have been useful! :)
Tips To Stop Hair Loss & Keep Healthy Hair Here are some hair care tips that you can use to help stop hair loss and keep your existing hair healthy and looking great. Please don't take these tips lightly. They are very important . The only thing they require is your time and commitment.
- Massage your scalp with your fingertips (not your nails) daily to stimulate and promote circulation to your scalp and reduce excess fallout. Invert your head while you shampoo & massage your scalp. This helps promote blood circulation to the head.
- Essential oils & tea . To stimulate scalp circulation, massage the scalp with rosemary essential oil or rinse hair with tea made from sage.
- Comb or brush your hair and scalp gently in the morning and at night. This helps break up hardened oils (sebum) that are clogging your hair follicles. Doing this alone has produced new hair growth. Do not over do combing or brushing.
- keep a distance from dryer's heat. When using blow dryers, always keep the heat a good distance from your scalp and hair. Avoid heating the scalp and hair excessively. Excessive heat will increase hair loss, and excess fallout.
- Avoid getting hair creams, lotions, styling gels and sprays directly on the scalp as they will clog your hair follicles. Use a light hold spray if you must.
- After swimming in a pool, shampoo your hair as soon as possible to remove any chlorine residue. Chlorine is extremely damaging to the hair and scalp.
- Avoid over-exposing your hair and scalp to the wind and sun. Good hair care over a long period really makes a difference!
- Avoid tight hats and caps as they contribute to poor circulation, depriving the hair of proper nutrition and stunting new hair growth. The sweat, dirt and grime around the rim inhibit follicle health and contribute to build-up.
- Always consult your health care provider for extreme causes of excess fallout and thinning. A medical condition or medication could be causing hair loss side-effects.
- Strive for balance and harmony in both your personal and professional lifestyle. High stress factors can cause your body to react by fluctuating hormone levels. This in turn causes excessive oil secretion (sebum) which results in hair loss.
- Pregnancy, nursing, menopause, and even birth control medication can cause constant changing factors on your nutritional needs and hormonal levels which contribute to hair loss and excess fallout.
- Avoid "crash and fad" diets. Proper nutritious meals along with vitamin and mineral supplements are a key factor for healthy hair and skin.
- Good hair care starts with awareness. These hair care tips, if followed consistently, will reduce excess fallout, hair loss, and promote new hair growth.
- Reduce hair loss effects by increasing your intake of vitamin C found in fresh fruits and vegetables, particularly citrus fruit and juices, parsley, broccoli, green peppers and black currants. Take a vitamin B complex everyday or brewers yeast. Increase your intake of protein found in meat, fish, liver, wheat germ, dried cooked beans and peas, tofu, cheese, milk and eggs.
- Take dietary supplements such as Vitamin B6, zinc & saw palmetto. Supplements are useful when you can't get enough from natural food sources.
- The Chinese believe that hair is nourished by the blood, and therefore influenced by the kidney & liver. Treatment is aimed at these organs using fleece flower root, wolfberry fruit or mulberry fruit.
- Eliminate stress or else it can be disastrous to your precious hair!
- Get enough sleep. Sleeping well is essential for the health of your hair as well as for the rest of your body.
There are ways you can help stop the grease from appearing but you have to work at it.
Do not wash everyday. The cleaner your hair is the more it can seep into your glands and harder it is to get rid of. When you do wash make sure you are washing with a cleaning shampoo and scrubbing the build up off. Take in mind that you also have to have a ph-balanced mild shampoo and lite scrubbing is recommended. Try to avoid conditioner at the roots, apply in the middle or on the ends.
Try to avoid oil in your daily food intake. And do eat more vegetables. You could visit your doctor but only after you check and consider your diet, drugs, alcohol, and your fatty food intake. Let's face it we see what McDonalds can do to your heart in a month, can you image your hair. You would be dripping everywhere.
Maybe it's time to change your shampoo. Ask your stylist what she or he would recommend. Avoid using shine products at all costs. Keep away from two-in-one shampoos and conditioners and any frizz serums.
To fix at the moment, rub a little Talcum Powder on your dried hair at the roots. Just make sure you wash it out. I wish they would event that magic product, but this will help until they do.
Here are 10 tips for to keep your hair strong, smooth, shiny and beautiful!
1. Keep your diet balanced, and eat protein and calcium rich foods. Stay away from junk foods! This is essential for healthy hair.
2. Foods and supplements to nourish your hair:
* Vitamin B
* And of course, the magic potion for beauty - WATER
3. Before washing your hair, comb it well to make sure all knots has been loosened from your hair.
4. Before applying shampoo, use warm water (35 to 38 degrees Celsius) to run through your hair to rinse and wet it thoroughly.
5. When applying shampoo or conditioner, don't use your fingernails to scrape through your hair. Instead, use your palm and fingertips to massage your scalp and hair gently, in circular motions. This will help the circulation and also help to keep your hair shiny and smooth.
6. After rinsing away all the shampoo, run water over your hair for at least another half a minute (3 minutes is best) to ensure there are no remains of shampoo remaining in your hair, since this will cause a great deal of damage to your scalp.
7. When applying hair treatment products, do so just after you have washed your hair, so that your hair can absorb all the good stuff while it is half wet. This will be the best time for it to absorb nourishment.
8. NEVER go to bed with your hair wet! Hair that is half wet is most easily broken, and if you sleep during this time, your hair will be rubbing against each other, damaging your hair in the most terrible way.
9. Too much pressure may lead to hair loss! Relax... try some good relaxation methods such as soaking in a nice scented bath, listening to music, and eating healthy comfort foods such as strawberries and grapes.
10. Perming and coloring seriously damages your hair. Avoid it as much as possible. Also, when using hair setting products such as gel or putty, use as little as possible, because they hurt your scalp and hair. Wash them out thoroughly afterwards with a shampoo specially created for removing styling products.
- 1 decade ago
There is a new brand called Sunsilk which has a shampoo and conditioner for poofy hair. I tried their shampoo for frizzy hair and liked it a lot. They are actually offering free samples right now. Just go to their website and enter some information. But the samples take a couple of weeks to get to you.
- piecaraLv 45 years ago
Getting your hair thinned out while you get it reduce is constantly a well choice. Or utilizing devolumizing shampoos and conditioners can support. Those merchandise are others can also be bought at drug shops or salons. Also a few salons present like a "everlasting give a boost to" that lasts for honestly approximately 2 months.
- mauneyLv 45 years ago
Getting your hair thinned out when you get it cut is constantly a just right substitute. Or utilizing devolumizing shampoos and conditioners can aid. Those products are others can also be bought at drug outlets or salons. Additionally some salons offer like a "everlasting support" that lasts for absolutely about two months.
- How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
- Anonymous1 decade ago
Sunsilk has anti-poof products in the blue bottle. I use the 24/7 leave in lotion/conditioner.
A step up would be Pantene Restoratives. They have a red stripe one, a green stripe one, and a purple stripe one product. More expensive. www.pantene.com
A ceramic hair straitener, would help too!
Don't use the towel as a super rub thru your hair. Use towel to squeeze out the excess water, let hair airdry.
- 1 decade ago
first, make sure that your hair is super dry (i found that when mine is, it looks so much better and is so much easier to work with). second, i use hair-wax (by TIGI) to hold down the fly aways/puffy parts.
- 1 decade ago
It sounds like your hair is very dry. I had good results with frizz-ease.