the applications are dll c/ windows /system 32?

I have no window xp desktop icons please help I would appreciate it, I have to tell you I have internal screen damage so I bought a flat lcd screen monitor to hook to it, but I have no icons no start to click on or nothing I put my xp disk in drive does not work neither music cds or nothing I dont know how to take off the monitor to the laptop I just hooked the other monitor too it. I can get into task manager but cant do anything in it someone technical please help me. There is another error that said something about image too.

Favorite Answer

It sounds like explorer.exe is not running. When you start up the laptop, do you see the Windows XP splash screen, where the bar goes across, and then it just goes to your desktop, but you don't see icons or the taskbar? If so, then that is the issue. Why that's happening, I'm not sure. How you can start explorer.exe is to ctrl-alt-del to get to the task manager, then go to File>New Task (Run...), then click Browse..., then browse to C:\WINDOWS\ and select explorer.exe and click Open. Then click OK, and explorer.exe (this is called the shell) will start. If this helps you and everything is back to normal, great, but if not, please add more information!

Good luck!

• G

Try this,

Restoring The Main Windows XP Icons Back To Your Desktop

Go into your Control Panel by first clicking on the Start Button.

Then click on the Control Panel icon located in the right column of the Start Menu.

If your Start Menu is set to the Classic View, then begin by clicking on the Start Button.

Then click on Settings, then click on the Control Panel icon to open up the Control Panel.

Now double click on the Display icon to open up the Display Properties window.

Then click on the Desktop tab located at the top of the Display Properties window.

Now click on the Customize Desktop button located at the bottom of the screen.

Under the Desktop icons section, place check marks next to the four main Windows XP Desktop Icons.

Then click on the OK button to have Windows XP apply and save your changes.

And then click on the OK button to close the Display Properties window.

The My Computer, My Documents, My Network Places and Internet Explorer Icons will be on the Desktop.

Note: If the Desktop Icons are still not present, then right click directly on the Desktop.

Then glide your mouse over the Arrange Icons By option and then click on Show Desktop Icons.

Dll blunders in many circumstances come whilst there is an get admission to in shared dll registry section for a dll which isn't modern on the notebook. classes oftentimes do away with information yet not registry entries upon uninstallation. Such could nicely be fastened making use of sturdy registry cleanser like RegInOut .in the adventure that your gadget is lacking a  residing house windows dll then you certainly could desire to could desire to repair your setting up after fixing the previous registry get admission to of that dll making use of RegInOut. i'm specific it is going to help you.

sounds as if your BIOS and/or Motherboard' shot. . . .

Try formatting your drive first. . .Do you have a pc or laptop? CD not working? use an external zip drive . . . Good Luck