Chest Pain?

I am having chest pain on the left side of my chest, and my right arm is going almost numb. What is going on?

• Mimi
    Favorite Answer

You need to add more details to your question... How long have you been having chest pain? Does the pain move from one place to another? Do you have any shortness of breath? What were you doing when the pain started? Do you already have other medical problems? Has this ever happen to you before? How old are you? These are questions any medical person will ask you...then you will need an EKG which checks your heart, (this is a painless test) and then some blood test will be done. If the pain continues you need to go to the nearest ER. Having chest pain can be symptoms to other conditions ( like a bad gallbladder or gas build up) but the doctor will need to run tests on you before making a diagnosis....See a doctor STAT

Source(s): ER Nurse

Wow. It turns out like your describing some thing very similar to what I skilled as a child and from time to time as an grownup. I get the ones achy, sharp ache in my chest / rib field. Often the ache is moderate however frequently it is so dangerous I can barley take a breath. It additionally feels adore it begins on the backside of my rib cage after which travels up my facet because it slowly is going away. I was once informed through my physician it was once "developing" pains. Then whilst I was once older, I introduced it up once more and he mentioned it would be a muscle unsolicited mail. It's been months in view that I've had one. With me, the ache most effective final a couple of seconds and on the such a lot a minute or 2. They additionally most effective appear to occur a couple of times in an afternoon whilst i do have them. I might advise that in the event that they arise extra most commonly, a couple of instances in an afternoon I'd see anybody approximately it. It would be not anything or it would be some thing (style of visible reply).

Your numbness is probably caused by a pinched nerve in your neck. There are various exercises you can do for this.

Chest pain in the left side of your chest could be a number of things and should be diagnosed by a doctor.

i am having chest pains in between my breast at least 5 times a day has been going for about a week.

you need to get to the er asap you could be having a heart attack/stroke but only a doctor can determine that

they can do blood tests and an ekg on you but get to the

er better to be safe than sorry

the pinched nerve theory is probably the right one . check out a chiropractor.

I would see a doctor just to make sure its nothing serious. gud luck hun

Don't mess around see a doctor.

• Jim

Your pages say you're a CNA, so what does it sound like to you?