Is Elmo the best first name for a boy in 2006-2007?

Please advise.

15 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

To name a child Elmo borders on child abuse.

• 1 decade ago

I do not think so... I think naming your child after a character from Seasame Street could cause much trauma later life, especially when they get to the age where kids start teasing each other to be hurtful.

• 1 decade ago

No, No, No, please don't do that to your child. Elmo is a cute furry monster on Seseme Street. In Elementary School and beyond, your child will be teased constantly.

• 1 decade ago

That is just sadistic! Do you want your poor child to be tormented for the rest of his life? Anyone who would name a child that should be dragged out in the street and shot!

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

In my opinion, no.

Too many possible nicknames, such as "tickle me elmo", etc.

When anyone his age hears it, they will automatically think of the Sesame Street character, and I don't think he will be able to overcome that.

Just my opinion.

• 1 decade ago

if u think that its the name that would suit ur child then go for it, start a trend. But if u dont want ur son to grow up being picked on then i dont think it is such a good idea to do so

• Elmo lol. what is his middle name going to be "tickle me"? I can see that at his high school graduation ELMO TICKLE ME SMITH.

• 1 decade ago

I don't think so lol

Go ahead and name your sons that people - if you want them to have to be tickled by random people for the rest of their lives haha

• 1 decade ago

I'd say heck no,he will be picked on at school when that time comes.

• 1 decade ago

i don't think so. cause it's one letter off from emo which is a cross betwee punk and rock. and it's a steryotype that people that are emo cut themselves to feel pain.

Source(s): teenager
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.