If I have a business called "Acme" do I need to register Acme *and* Acme.com as a trademark and fict. name?

Say the name of the business is "Acme Sales" but I use "acmesales.com" ( with no space ) do I have to register both with the Trademark office? And Would I have to Register both as ficticious names ( if I needed ficticious names )?

Thanks!

• Mrs D
    Favorite Answer

I think you might find that you cant as they might already be taken by the original company. Sometimes a company will register its name in many variations so that nobody else can use it.

• kidd

You wouldn't necessarily have to register the web address, but if the website is not trademarked, anything on it could be reproduced and used by anyone for any purpose.

I'm pretty sure that Acme is already trademarked by Warner Bros. What are building? Rocket-powered skates or giant rubber bands? Sorry, I couldn't resist that.

http://humor.about.com/gi/dynamic/offsite.htm?site...

Aww come on! Let's give this excellent question a good answer...but damn that WAS funny! I think "Acme" was a fr'instance kind a name?