My dodge ram wont stay started after i jump the battery why?

Favorite Answer

Not enough juice in the battery to keep the fuel pump running.

Have an AVR done on your charging system.

Good Luck

Either your battery is dead (will not hold a charge) or your alternator is bad (it will not charge your battery). Most auto parts stores will check both for free.

In the old days before there were so much electronics on cars, you could jump start a car and it would run until you turned it off then it would have to be jumped again to start. Nowadays if either the battery or the alternator is bad, the car will not stay started even after being jump started.

Altenator replace & battery replace if you replace alternator w/out battery it will over work your alternator and you will be buying another one. But to tell for sure start your dodge and immediatley remove battery cables, your truck ought to stay running because the battery just for starting your vehicle and the alternator charges the battery & runs everything else . Or just take out your alternator and take to an automotive store they can test both for free.

your alternator is bad and needs to be replaced. I had that happen to me once. Your battery is only used to start your car and after that the alternator is used. if you drive for over 30 minutes and turn your car off and it wont restart then your alternator is not recharging your battery. This really sucks when you really have to pee

Improve Your Running Technique Now!

dont know what couses it but when you run the battery dead or take the battery off you have to give it a little higher idle by putting your foot on the gas pedel and drive it and in a few miles it will straiten up or thats how my 1998 ram would do

Don't know what year it is but the battery is completely dead and you may need to change the alternator...usually charging problem

Sounds like the alternator.

Check if you got the alternator fuse blown those are under the hood, they are the high current fuses.

If not you have to change inner components like the bushing and carbon, or if it's really gone bad you need to replace it.

I have this problem withj my car, and it happend to be the fule injectors but i cant say thats wht it is as there can be so many problems. I suggest taking it to a auto place to get it on the computer for them to check it out.