cherry asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 1 decade ago

Does anyone know how many calories can you burn in a salsa or zumba session ?

I've been wondering since I do salsa classes at the YMCA 3 days a week and zumba 1 day a week, does anybody know?

drummerboy, believe me It's not like a moderate jog at all!!, the one that I do It's very intense I end up all wet like if I was on a steam room...

Favorite Answer

How many calories a person burns per hour--or per any unit of time--depends on how much they weigh. The more you weigh the more calories you burn per unit of time. It also depends on the intensity of the workout. We teach a Salsa class at Gold's and even though I don't teach it, I've watched and it looks to be eqaul to what I'd call moderate exercise. So I'll put in on par with a slow jog. I'm guessing you're female, and I can tell you a 140 lb female will burn about 500 calories per hour doing moderate cardio work.

Source(s): I'm a certified personal fitness trainer

That question actually depends on your metabolism. The better your metabolism, the more calories you burn.