Foiled terriost plots?

I often hear that there have been foiled terriost attempts, yet I never hear what they are, or who was involved. Why is this? It cant be a security issue because if they're foiled then whats the harm of revealing information?

Favorite Answer

Actually they are a security issue. I'm guessing you have never heard of operational security.

Details on what they tried to exploit, details on who was all involved and the intelligence that comes with it. You do hear about the information 6 months or more later, but when it actually goes down, it's kept under wraps until the persons and situation involved are fully examined.

We don't need copy cats nor unnecessary panic and we need to exploit intelligence without the enemy's fully knowing we are.

A terrorist plot can be foiled at any stage (planning, training, basically anytime prior to execution). It isn't necessarily prudent to advertise HOW a plot was foiled....which can essentially be derived by WHAT terrorist plot was foiled....because we won't be able to use those techniques and contacts to foil other terroist plots

I've heard of two 1st Jose Padilla who was arrested and charged with trying to acquire radioactive material and set of a dirty bomb and those people in Miami who were plotting to blow up the Sears Tower in Chicago.

Watch Faux News if you want to be a bleating sheep. Most of the foiled plots are made up BS to keep the population fearful. Fear equals control.

Watch Fox News they give both sides not just 1, all the foiled terrorist plots are outlined each time.

my guess is they just want ue to think they are doing there job. but how can they foil anything with the pitiful security we hear aboy at airports all the time go figure !! lol