I have a almost 3 yr old love bird, she will be 3 around feb of 2007, how old is she in bird years exactly?

I saw the formula for birds but its a tad bit confusing, because when I tried to do it, it didn't come out right:

Finding an animal's "human age" is easy. The formula is the same from animal to animal, even though the numbers are different. Parrot species age a lot like we do, with a few major differences. Most parrot species reach reproductive age between a couple of months old (Lovebirds, Cockatiels) to seven years old (Macaws), so in those first months or years, they've aged as much as a 13 year-old human. Every year after that, most species experience one-year- to three-years-worth of physical aging for every calendar year they live. For instance, Lovebirds and Cockatiels can live a maximum of around 20 years, at which time, they would be elderly (like our 70s or 80s) :

2 mos. = 13 years + (20 yrs X 3yrs per yr) = 73 human years average maximum life span (20 calendar years)

In larger birds like Greys, the formula is more like:

2 yrs. = 13 years + (58 yrs X 1 yr per yr) plz help

4 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

i think it would be 20 or19

google it to make sure

• bartow
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

he's a baby and your husband is an human being who's performing like a baby. you're first interest as your son's mom is to make a probability-free position in his residing house for him. an section the position he doesn't ought to run to his grandmother even as his father is round. In idea your son is familiar with this guy is his father yet in his heart he's purely someone he doesn't extremely like and is petrified of. Your husband desires to diminish backtrack and be there until eventually his son comes to a decision to enable him into his existence. he's youthful....that is going to take position besides the undeniable fact that it will must be on his words. If this concern is hard for your husband he desires to bear in mind he's dealing with someone who's purely been residing an rather little while and after 0.5 of his time the following there is been a huge replace. Love is something it really is given freely you won't be able to call for it.

• Jusme
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

She is 3 years old. There is NO formula about bird age. It is what is.

Source(s): 30 years of being owned by old parrots....
  • 1 decade ago

she is still very young about 10 or 11 in human years. just clam down and don't worry about their age jst enjoy the next 17 years you have with them.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.