Can black hair be dyed brown?

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

yeah, as long as it's the right shade, it can look fantastic. i've also seen blue tips on black hair that looked really hot. red can look pretty good on black hair too.

get blonde for black hair if you want it to be dyed brown. it won't turn blonde, just a lighter shade of brown.

• 1 decade ago

Yes it can, but go to a salon and have it done professionally the first couple of times. Your hair needs to be lightened and, if necessary, the correct color added after. You don't want to accidentally turn it green or orange in the process!

• 1 decade ago

Yes, it can. L'oreal Feria now has great brown colours specially designed for darker (read black or very dark brown) hair.

• 1 decade ago

Yes,,

I am Asian so I have black hair...

Have dyed my hair since I was 20...

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

It can be but you would be better off to seek a professional colorist.

If you try to lighten it at home it may become brassy or have shiny orange tons.

• 1 decade ago

just don't try to go too light, or it will get stuck in the orange phase and really make a mess...have it professionally done, it will save you trouble and money to fix it later.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

WELL IT WILL PROBABLY BE BETTER TO DYE IT CHOCOLATE BROWN BECAUSE ITS KIND OF BLACK

• 1 decade ago

yes it can

• 1 decade ago

of course it can

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.