what can i do to have a smooth hands.? specifically my palms...?

Favorite Answer

Moisturize!

I use a combination of different lotions for my dry hands. When I get out the shower I use Neutrogina Hand Therapy, and let that soak in. Before I go to bed, I use Burt's Bees Hand Salve, and the Burt's Bees lemon cuticle oil. During the day I use Vaseline lotion, or Jergen's. I also carry a travel size bottle of lotion in my purse.

As odd as this may sound, you can use a pemice stone, they can be found at Wal-mart for $0.96! My hubby actually uses this to smooth the black heads on his nose as well! I use it on my feet, where the skin on my toes are so hard! It can be used for many things, you wet it before you use it. Then put lotion on your hands. I use lotion all day long on mine. but use the stone over the rough areas gently to ge the dead skin off. Also for my feet, when theyget super rough like, i put vasiline/petroleum jelly on them and then put socks on over night, you can do the same with your hands and put gloves on. It can be a pain to wash off, but they are really soft. Some one said they use olive oil all the time, it soaks in and helps keep hands and feet soft.

Bag Balm... .used by cow milkers originally to keep the cow's teats from chapping. The milkers discovered their palms were incredibly soft after using it. Now you can buy it at most larger drugstores.

Source(s): I'm a vet.