Why is Veterans Day on November 10th?

If you guies can tell me that it would be a BIG! help and what does veteran's day celebrate?

Favorite Answer

It's November 11, and it was the day when World War One ended in 1918.

It's offically celebrated on the second monday in November since 1978, but it has been unoffically celebtated since 1938 as 11-11.

Originally it was to celebtate the end of the Great War, now it celebrates all persons living or dead in the Armed Forces of the United States.

Veteran's Day is celebrated on November 11th. In Britain we call it Rememberance Day. It used to be called Armistice Day. Veterans Day is an American holiday for honoring war veterans. It is celebrated on the same day as Armistice Day or Remembrance Day in other parts of the world, falling on November 11, the anniversary of the signing of the armistice that ended World War I. It is both a federal holiday and a state holiday in all states. All major hostilities of World War I were formally ended at the 11th hour of the 11th day of the 11th month of 1918 with the German signing of the Armistice. Armistice Day was first commemorated in the United States by President Woodrow Wilson in 1919, and many states made it a legal holiday. Congress passed a resolution in 1926 inviting all Americans to observe the day and made it a legal holiday nationwide in 1938.

It is on November 11 because this was the day that the Treaty of Versailles was signed, which resulted in a ceasefire between warring countries in World War I. The holiday was originally called "Armistice Day" to commemorate the day that the world had finally come to peace, but shortly thereafter World War II broke out to the United States government changed the name to "Veteran's Day" to commemorate all those who have served in all wars, and to realize that war will never end.

Its on November 11th. It was originally Armistice's Day to signify the end of WW1. It was supposed to signify the end of all wars, but when WW2 broke out, it was changed to veteran's day to remember the men and women that gave their lives for our country.

Actually it's on Noavember 11. It commemorates the ending of World War I. The war ended on the 11th minute of the 11th hour of the 11th day of the 11th month. It's celebrated to honor the service and sacrifice our armed services members have made.

On the eleventh hour or the eleventh day of the eleventh month (11AM, November 11) the armistice for the first World War was signed.

Um, it's on November 11, and I believe it was originally known as Armstice Day, so named for the signing of the treaty that ended World War I 11:00am on November 11. (The eleventh hour on the eleventh day of the eleventh month, or something like that.)

Its on the 11th..

but most places like schools will host assemblies and memorial ceremonies on the 10th.

NOVEMBER 11

they remember all the people who have fought and died in wars

It's not, it's November 11th. (today)