The "bad boy" in my crew said he'd change for me, should I give him a chance?

There's this guy in my group of friends and he really likes me. But he's not the best of guys. He's broken the law a number of times and my parnets don't even like me talking to him. But he said he'd change for me if I'd just give him a chance. I'm not sure if he really means it, should I give him a chance?

Favorite Answer

You never want anyone to change for you. Never ask anyone to change, because someday down the road they will resent you for it. If he wants to be a different person then he should do it because he wants to do it, not because it's the only way he can have you.

Give him a chance, that's the only way you will know for sure. Just take it slow. If you like him then go for it. People CAN change, it's just not easy to see because everyone remembers all the bad things people do more than the good. Let the past be the past.

Give him a chance AFTER he changes- wait 3 months to be sure. No chance before the change or he won't change.

I would really leave him alone if he has broken the law a nuba of times but what i think is real so do whats best for you and your parents. if my parents didnt like the boy i sho n da hell wouldnt talk to him

Do you really want him to change for you? I think you should remain friends. Nobody should have to change for you, or your family. People should be able to be the way they are without judgements. It's sweet that he said he'd change for you, but don't let him. If he wants to change, it has to be because he really wants to, not because he wants to be with you.

Don't miss a potential good opportunity. Tell him sure, but only on a probationary basis. If he messes up even once he's history. If he really cares about you he will clean up his act.

• .

I doubt he'd change just for you. It's probably just a line to get some..

• Nep

Doubt it, but it's possible. If you give him a chance, I would move very slow.

at leest giv him a chanse dont go out wit him jus yet but giv him som tests 2 see wat he dos diffrnet 1s like woud he b faithful woud he still brake da law woud he not dich u 2 do somtin els

then if he passes or not tis ur anser rite ther

he may say he will change but u have to see action to get results